Saturday, February 11, 2012

Another Productive Saturday

Another productive Saturday!  Justin and I are enjoying another Saturday at home.  We had a yummy breakfast in town with some family.  After that Justin headed to a gun show that was being held in town and I headed home.  I had started my cleaning last night so I quickly finished that up and have had the rest of the day to enjoy! 

Crafting was high on the list so I headed downstairs immediately to  finish up a gift for one of the gals I teach with.  We started teaching together six year ago.  We had rooms side by side that were connected with a go between door.  We went back and forth through that door many times forming a fast friendship.  Her birthday is also in February so we have always enjoyed buying each other something.  This year I decided to make her and her family a wall hanging.  I had started it earlier in the week and was able to finish it up today.
The next project was soap dispensers.  I had made several for Erin at Christmas.  After I made them I decided one would work well in our kitchen so I made one for myself today.
State testing is coming up at school.  Thankfully the kindergartners do not take state assessments so this does not directly affect me.  However, last year, Michele (my good teacher friend)  had a great idea to make the teachers that do have to give the assessment a care package.  This year we got our inspiration from this idea that had been pinned on pinterest.  We didn't have enough paint cans so we came up with brown bags.  Hopefully it will relieve a little bit of the stress during testing. 
I love colored pencils!
I actually had them out because I was working on my inductive Bible study in James.  I love that I had time to sit down and read without being exhausted from all the weekly "stuff".
The next three pictures are actually from Christmas.  I know I'm a little late, but I still wanted to post them.  I couldn't do it before Christmas because they were all presents.  Last year while looking for something to make with my kids at school I ran across this amazingly cute idea.  You put a picture inside a glass ornament bulb for a personalized ornament.  It just so happened that both of my brothers were married recently so I put one of their wedding pictures in a bulb for them.  
I had family pictures of most of Justin's family so I shrunk them down and put those in bulbs.  For Josh and Allison (Justin's younger brother and his wife) I put their wedding invitation in.  I was please with how they turned out and plan on making one for Justin and I each year to remember things by.
I also made some cards for my teacher friends and Justin's sisters.  This is where the Silhouette would have come in handy...it would have done all the cutting.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment