Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bird Nest

I was outside yesterday trying to do some watering in this sweltering heat and Pop asked me if I had seen the bird nest in the yard.  I hadn't so he took me over to his tractor.  There under the seat a bird had built a nest.  What a clever place...the springs hold the twigs in place and the seat protects it from the rain I mean dust.
It's kind of a funny angle, but I was able to peek inside. 
There were three blue and brown eggs. 
This morning I headed out to check the nest and was having a hard time seeing. 
I couldn't tell if that little tuft of gray was the mama birds feathers she'd used to make the nest, or if an egg had hatched.
Pretty soon this little head poked up begging for food! 
I'm anxious to check tomorrow morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment