Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Grandma's Rolls

When I was a little girl we very rarely had a babysitter, instead we would go to my Grandma's. She loved having us(or so she said:) ). Now, one of the best things about going to Grandma's, we got to pick what we were going to eat! I don't remember many main dishes that I chose, but I do remember always choosing angel food cake or cinnamon rolls. Grandma's rolls were the best!! Somehow she always had them coming straight out of the oven just in time for the meal.



Since it was so blustery today, I decided it was a good day to make her rolls. I've made them a couple times in the past and somehow they never turn out exactly like hers. (Justin would say I need to keep practicing!)



I started with scalded milk.
Grandma would add lard next, but I had to settle for Crisco.
The yeast mixture
The milk, yeast, potatoes, and some flour mixed together.
LOVE the Kitchen Aid Mixer!!
The nice ball of dough.
Ready to roll out!
Nice and big and ready to put in the oven.
The finished product...I can't wait to taste them!!
My Grandma was not only an amazing cook, but an amazing lady! I am so very thankful for all that she passed down to her children and grandchildren!

1 comment: