Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Taste of Our Home Tuesday: Caramel in a Can

With summer finally arriving ice cream becomes a big hit. There's nothing better then sweet gooey caramel on a scoop of vanilla ice cream!  I found this recipe on Pinterest and have been so curious if it would actually work.  The other night I got brave enough to try!  Before I went to bed I put my can (label off) of sweetened condensed milk in my crock pot and submerged it in water.  I put the crock pot on low and let it cook for eight hours.  When I woke up in the morning I took the can out, dried it off and put it in the fridge to cool down.  We had to go to Salina that day so I had to wait til later afternoon to open my can and see if I really had caramel.  As soon as we got home I opened my can and sure enough I had the gooiest yummiest caramel begging for a scoop of ice cream!!  It worked!!
Here is the link to the gal's blog who originally posted it. (Click here)  She has excellent easy to follow directions.  I'm off to talk my husband into making some homemade ice cream for me to put my caramel on!  Enjoy!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment