Thursday, June 6, 2013

Little Schrader's Room

Since school has been out I've had a little bit of time to rearrange in what will be Little Schrader's room and start making plans.
We ordered a crib a while back and set it up to make sure it was what we wanted.
My sewing machine needs to be moved out of the room and I will be putting a dresser against this wall.  On the top of the dresser we will put a changing pad to make a little diaper changing area.
I think I like the shelving where it is, but I'd like to paint it yet.
We need to put the shelving up in the closet.
I think I'm going to paint this little dresser as well.
I am doing an owl theme for the room.  A while back Mom and I were in JoAnn's and came across this owl fabric.  It was pieced together like a quilt.  We bought some backing and she sewed me a blanket.  I just love it!! 
A friend gave me this cute owl bank.
My little niece came to school one day with a surprise for the baby!  I hadn't told the rest of the children yet and she came in and put this bag on my desk.  She whispered,

"It's for the baby!  You can open it when we go to P.E."

After a few minutes she came back and whispered,

"It goes on the carrier!" 

Another couple of minutes passed and she was back again,

"It's an owl!"

It was the cutest thing ever!  Later her mom told me she used her allowance to buy it.  I was so touched, what a sweet heart she has!
I saw a cute owl taggie on Pinterest and decided to make one of my own.
A good friend's mom made these cute owls that are attached to a mobile.

I bought these three canvas' and I'm going to use my Silhouette to make a Daddy owl, a Mommy owl, and a Little Baby owl to hang on the wall.
Well there's a sneak peek of my plans for the nursery!  There's several more ideas I've seen places and have come up with that I'd like to add to the walls and such.  Hopefully everything will continue to come together and it will all be finished before the little one arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment