Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wow!

My shower is sparkling thanks to pinterest!

Several months back I had pinned a "recipe" to make a magic shower scrub that was supposed to remove soap scum super easily.  I finally ran out of the store bought spray and decided to try it today and it worked!!

1 C hot white vinegar
1 C Blue Dawn dish soap

(The gal who posted this said that she didn't use all of the mixture and next time she was planning on only using a 1/2 cup of each.  I went with the 1/2 cup so I wouldn't have any left over and it was perfect for our stall shower.)

Heat the vinegar and pour into a spray bottle.  (I heated mine in the microwave until it boiled)  Add the dish soap.  Shake gently to mix.  Immediately spray on the shower. 

There are differing opinions on how long it's supposed to set.  One website said as long as overnight; another, 2 hours.  I shot for the 2 hours.  Mine ended up being longer because I was running errands. 

Once I got home I headed down to see if my shower would really clean up.  The soap scum literally just wiped off!  I couldn't believe it.  This is so much cheaper then the store bought sprays!  I'm going to try it on my sinks next.

Go mix some up ... you'll be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment