Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Taste of Our Home Tuesday: Barbecued Chicken Sandwiches

Tuesday and Wednesday nights I need quick easy meals as we have a limited amount of time to eat before we leave again.  I found this Taste of Home recipe the other evening as I was searching for crock pot recipes.  It reminded me of a barbecued chicken recipe my mom makes in the oven so I decided to give it a try.  Obviously Justin and I do not need 2 whole chickens so I cut the recipe way back.  It was so nice to throw it together quick before I left and then smell the yummy goodness when I walked in the door in the evening.  We both thought the sandwiches were fantastic and will definitely be having them again.  Enjoy!
Barbecued Chicken Sandwiches Recipe  
Ingredients:
2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 3 1/2 pounds each) cooked and shredded
1 large onion chopped
2 cups water 
1-1/4 cups ketchup 
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce 
1/4 cup red wine vinegar 
1 teaspoon each salt, celery seed and chili powder 
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce 
Hamburger buns

Directions:
In a 3-qt. slow cooker or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients except buns. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours in the slow cooker or simmer for 1-1/2 hours on the stove-top. Serve on buns. Yield: 8-10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment