Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Decorations

As I made some new Christmas decorations this year, my goal was to come up with something that reminded Justin and I daily of the true meaning of Christmas.  We wanted this year to be different.  We wanted to slow down and cherish each moment with family and friends.  We wanted to give instead of get.  So often we get caught up in the hustle and bustle and Christmas is over before we know it.  We want this year and every year after to be focused on Jesus. 
In my search I came across this picture on Pinterest.
 
 We are removing and replacing windows so I came up with this version to set on my piano (since I don't have a mantle:))
I found a similar picture of this on Pinterest as well.  I loved how the manger scene was in the middle and the shepherds and wise men were facing it. 
A good daily reminder I will probably leave out all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment