Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Taste of Home Tuesday: Homemade Brownie Mix

I found this brownie mix on Pinterest several months back and decided to try them out on my kids at school.  Kids are always honest about whether something is yummy or not.:)  I doubled the batch so there would be enough and added some chocolate chips.  I watched them closely as they baked since one person had commented that the brownies turned out dry.  I took mine out of the oven a little bit early to assure that they were gooey.  Gooey they were!!  They were so yummy though!  Everyone of the kids LOVED them and asked for seconds.  I made some more the next night for a cake walk at school.  I left them in the oven a little bit longer so they weren't quite as gooey, but they were still moist with a great flavor.
One person commented that they would be really cute stored in a mason jar and/or used as a present.  I love this brownie mix and am excited not to have to buy a mix from the store again!      
Ingredients:
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
Mix all these ingredients together with a whisk and dump them into a zipper bag. On the bag, add the following instructions:

Add: 2 Eggs, 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil, 1 teaspoon Vanilla. Bake in an 8 x 8 pan @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

These should stay fresh in your pantry for at least 6 months.  To extend the freshness, store in your freezer for up to a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment