Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Taste of Home Tuesday

One of the blogs that I follow the gal does "Mennonite Monday's" where each Monday she makes something out of one the Bethesda Mennonite Church Cookbooks. Even though I am Mennonite and have several cookbooks, I don't use them as often as I use my Taste of Home magazine (my parents subscribed to it for me as a present) . Because Justin and I both love looking through the Taste of Home picking out different recipes we want to try, I decided I would steal her idea and start doing "Taste of Home Tuesdays". I like to plan our meals 2 weeks at a time. So as we plan, we will pick our Tuesday meals from one of my Taste of Home magazines and let you know how they tasted!

Today just happens to be Tuesday!! And we just happened to have a soup from the Taste of Home! Unfortuntly I thought about blogging about this as I was washing up the dishes after we ate, so there will be no pictures to accompany this post....you'll just have to take my word for it that this soup is yummy!

Chicken Tortilla Chowder
2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
2 cups 2% milk
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 can (11 oz.) Mexicorn, drained
1 pkg. (10 oz.) ready-to-serve roasted chicen breast strips, chopped
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
3 flour tortillas (8 in.), cut into 2-in. x 1/2-in. strips
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional

In a large saucepan, heat the soups, milk and broth, stirring frequently. Add corn, chicken, and chilies; bring to a boil. Stir in the tortilla strips. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese until melted. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired.
Taste of Home February/March 2010

I just boiled a chicken I already had and used it instead of the strips the recipe called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment